Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it. - Heather Morgan, MS, NLC

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sesame Ginger Sauce/Dressing

I tried a recipe today called Smoothie in a Meal but didn't enjoy it as much as I would have hoped.  It had orange juice in it and wasn't that special.  Although I was able to cut down on the acid by adding some seeds in.  They blended into a thicker dressing like substance.  Another thing I really don't like in my smoothies is romaine lettuce.  It has a unique taste.  Maybe I will get used to it.

However, let me recommend another recipe: Sesame Ginger Sauce.  That is good stuff Maynard.  I had it today over steamed veggies and wild greens.  It was so yummy!  Here's what it looks like over steamed veggies: 


Sesame Ginger Sauce
www.DrFuhrman.com

Serves: 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup raw tahini
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon white miso
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
2 dates, pitted
1 clove garlic, pressed
pinch hot pepper flakes

Instructions:
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or a high-powered blender. Add more water if needed to achieve the desired consistency.

Serve with steamed or water sauteed vegetables. This sauce goes well with bok choy, asparagus or kale.

This has gotten a lot of rave reviews from the Dr. Fuhrman website for good reason. It's delicious. Try it if you want something delicious for your tastebuds. If you are looking for miso you can find it at Fred Meyer in the health food section. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment